An explanation of my most passionate hope for my future as an early childhood professional and for the children and families with whom I will work is to never lose focus on the overall goal of an anti-bias early childhood educator and to be a voice for the voiceless to bring to light the issues of our economic class, gender disparities, racial, culture, and language and to openly discuss misinformation and negative messages that are interpreted. Finally, to build children's self esteem so they are proud of who they are, their background, skin color, and family heritage.
And to my colleagues, thank you for your continued support over the last 8 weeks. We are almost at the finish line!!!! Enjoy the holidays with your families and loved ones.
"This is an important journey. It's a journey that will entice you, frustrate you, compel you. It's filled with new things to learn and it goes on for a lifetime. No matter how much you know, there's always more to learn" (Laureate Education, 2011)
Reference
Laureate Education, Inc. (2011). Strategies for working with diverse children: Your commitment to anti-bias work. Baltimore, MD: Author
Jamie,
ReplyDeleteI completely believe that you will peruse this passion with everything that you are. You show each week that you are passionate about the work that you do currently, as well as the work that you want to do in the future. Building a child's self-esteem is such an important step. I never realized how important this was until I had the opportunity to reflect on how my own teachers treated me in the past. I have enjoyed interacting with you each week, and I have enjoyed having someone else from PG county to make connections with. Please continue to shine!
-Heather
You have extraordinary objectives. I can tell that you are a great instructor by the words that you use. Much obliged to you for the incredible feed-backs and pleasant words you have imparted in me these two months. I ask that as we proceed with this journey that we can show more children about variety and culture.
ReplyDelete