Cultivating mutually fulfilling professional relationships with colleagues is a process that offers opportunities to share hopes and dreams, ask questions, share information, and support each other in times of professional challenges.
My professional
hopes and dreams is to help young children and their families be successful by
supporting them academically, building positive relationships, being a role
model and providing resources to support different each families diverse needs.
It is important as teachers to provide high quality
services to all children no matter their background and to continue learning
and growing in the field of early childhood to use updated strategies and
practices in your classroom.
In the county
I work for, we have mandatory professional development at the beginning of the
school year before the students start and throughout the school year that is
built into the school calendar. The county also offers continuing professional
development courses that you can sign up for to focus on essential skills and
knowledge to enrich your performance and influence as a professional.Some
course topics consist of Differentiating Instruction to Accommodate Learning
Styles, Teaching Students with Special Needs, Early Childhood Literacy for ELLs,
and Best Practices in Classroom Management: Increasing Academic Engagement.
Jamie,
ReplyDeleteAs you know I also work in the same county as you. I love that we are encouraged to attend professional development as often as we are. I am part of program through the school system that provides me with a mentor in order to clearly outline goals that I want to reach as a young teacher in the field. Professional development is such a great way to continuously cultivate goals for ourselves.
Jamie,
ReplyDeleteIt is great to be able to be supportive and connect with your peers. I think that no matter the profession being able to have a supportive team or a group of like minded individuals is definitely needed as we need encouragement and just fresh insight on things from time to time. I appreciate you for sharing your goals.
Violanda -
Hi Jamie,
ReplyDeleteIt is important to give all students the necessary requirements needed to be successful in the classroom. Collaborating with colleagues is the best way to get your thoughts out a receive feedback on how to implement your thoughts. Your professional development courses sound amazing. I can't wait until my school district increases the umber of opportunities for professional development.
Hi Jamie,
ReplyDeleteYou are right on target with our week seven read, "an organizational structure must be developed to provide teachers time to meet together in teams to discuss what is unfolding, the possible different meanings and directions they might go in to meet desired outcomes” (Carter, 2008).
ReferenceCarter, (2008). Assessing quality: What are we doing? Where are we going? Exchange, (184), 32-35.