Over the last six weeks, I have had
the opportunity to navigate through the organization called Zero to Three.
I followed some of the outside links that I have not yet explored and
they lead to more resources that are available to learn about how powerful
early connections are in every child’s life. Zero to Three has advocacy tools
available on different topics including strengthening the Infant-Toddler Child
care workforce, early head start social graphics, early head start talking
points, research on early head start
improves outcomes for children and families,
early head start policy recommendations and why does quality care
matter?.
I thoroughly searched one area on the site called parenting.
In this section, Zero to Three has resource, tools and information available to
empower parents and help them in developing their own ways to promote their
children’s growth and development. Within this topic, there are several
articles on different topics that provide valuable information. Topics include: preparing for parenthood, fatherhood,
military and veteran families support, positive parenting approaches, parent
favorites, discipline and limit setting (Zero to Three, 2020)
The website contains information that adds to my understanding of
equity and excellence in early care and education. Under the section called policy,
Zero to three has a topic called Early Childhood Systems where it
discusses the importance of children having access to high quality, reasonable
child care and education, health and family support services (Zero to Three,
2020).
This past week, I have learned new insights about issues and
trends in the early childhood field. According to Zero to Three, programs are
only successful and strong when they have a supportive system (2020).
Therefore, in order for early childhood to provide high quality services,
states need to provide inclusive, organized, well-funded systems of
high-quality services to expecting mothers and their families through 8 years
old to promote success in school and life (Zero to Three, 2020).
Zero to Three. (2020). Early Childhood Systems. Retrieved
from https://www.zerotothree.org/policy-and-advocacy/early-childhood-systems
During the first three years of life, emotionally nourishing relationships lay the foundation for lifelong health and well-being. By supporting the caring adults who touch the lives of infants and toddlers, we hope to maximize our long-term impact in ensuring all infants and toddlers have a bright future. Starting from birth, babies learn who they are by how they are treated. Loving relationships provide young children with a sense of comfort, safety and confidence. They teach young children how to form friendships, communicate emotions and deal with challenges.
ReplyDeletehttps://www.zerotothree.org/early-development/social-and-emotional-development
Jamie,
ReplyDeleteThis was nice and detailed. I like that yo spoke on the ages 0-3. This is an extremely important age in early childhood. I like the idea of this website and I would like to look into it more.
Thanks for sharing.
-Heather
Hello Jamie, great blog post!I love how the source you chose to explore gives the parents resources to explore to better themselves and help support their children. I believe children start learning at home so helping parents to be able to help them learn more at home is the best idea.
ReplyDeleteHi Jamie, as always I enjoyed reading your post. Zero to Three is an organization I am also interested in. I like that they offer parenting resources so that parents can also promote their child's growth and development.
ReplyDeleteJamie,
ReplyDeleteYou have given yet another great post. I enjoyed reading the topics that involved parents and their role in their child development. I read an article that states "Children’s development of the cognitive and social skills needed for later success in school may be best supported by a parenting style known as responsive parenting" (Landry, 2014). We often neglect to remember that parents need support in their endeavors to provide their children with a solid foundation. With new and young parents the topics that you mention could be of great assistance to them.
Resource
http://www.child-encyclopedia.com/parenting-skills/according-experts/role-parents-early-childhood-learning