Saturday, February 29, 2020

Final Blog Assignment


           Over the last eight weeks, we have explored a variety of websites, listened to podcasts, fostered and shared our professional growth about international early childhood. These resources have enriched my professional development and broadened my view of the early childhood field. 

Three consequences of learning about the international early childhood field for my professional and personal development included: 

  • different options available to support young children and their families, therefore, support and organizations should be universal 
  • cultural differences
  • different expectations
One goal for the field related to international awareness of issues and trends and the spirit of collegial relations is to continue spreading awareness about young children and their families and the importance of expecting mothers to have the care and support they need to provide to their baby. 


Thank you to my colleagues who have supported me throughout this class, Issues and Trends in the Early Childhood Field through the discussion boards and blog posts and leaving positive and encouraging responses. I wish you the best of luck in the next course and  I hope you use this valuable information to make a difference in the lives of young children and their families!





5 comments:

  1. Hello Jamie,
    I appreciate your final touch of wishing everyone well. It's great to see that your goal starts as early as pregnancy, something the United States have programs to support expecting mothers with. Programs such as WIC feeding all expecting mothers healthy nutritional foods for the mother and child up until the child is 5yrs old is a program I encourage all in need to utilize. Once things like this can become universal, child property will decrease significantly. I enjoyed your read. Good luck with all your future endeavors ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Early childhood is the most critical time for positive intervention. Children’s development during this stage is strongly affected by their environment, and that effect continues to exert a strong influence on the rest of their lives. It is of the utmost importance that educational and life skills programs begin at this early stage. Raise the profile of early childhood education so that it is recognized as an essential, integral part of education sector plans and policies and, in turn, make tangible improvements towards ensuring all children have access to quality pre-primary education.

    https://www.globalpartnership.org/what-we-do/early-education

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jamie,
    I wanted to first thank you for your posts each week. I have enjoyed reading and seeing the research that you have conducted. Your goal is so important because development begins so early for the child. I can't wait to see how you continue to grow in this field in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jamie,
    You always share great content! I think international awareness is important because if gives us the opportunity to learn more about diversity. Many students come from other countries and they will have cultural differences that we need adapt to help them feel welcomed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jamie,
    Thank you for all the helpful insight as well as added sources on early childhood. I sincerely appreciate you for sharing your experience and views. You have set a great goal and I wish you continued success in your every endeavor.
    Violanda -

    ReplyDelete

Time Well Spent

To Dr. Darragh Ernst and colleagues, thank you so much for your support over the last 8 weeks. Thank you for your positive feedback and shar...