Saturday, March 14, 2020

Personal Research Journey


My early childhood research topic is studying the importance of healthy nurturing relationship between the child and the caregiver. I chose this topic because it is an essential bond that occurs before a child is born and continues as they grow. It is very important for children’s development especially their social-emotional. It allows them to acquire critical skills that are needed for them to be successful at school, building friendships, regulating their own emotions and behaviors. For the program I work for as a special educator, I  have the opportunity to conduct home visits and support young children and their families by providing them with strategies and resources to be successful. The home visits give me the chance to build relationships with the families and see how they interact with their children.  It is evident which families play, interact and have a relationship with their child and which parents do not. 


Colleagues, Do you have resources that will help me with my research topic? Do you also think it is important for children to have secure relationships with their caregivers?  So far, I have found several articles supporting my topic and ways that healthy nurturing relationship between the child and the caregiver support development! 


5 comments:

  1. Hello Jamie,
    I look forward to your research study because healthy nurturing relationships does affect the children we serve. I see this with my great-nephews I now care for. Some of their previous interactions with there previous caregivers affects them still to this day. I make sure they go to therapy once a week to continue channeling positive feelings from negative interactions they had to endure. I look forward to any additional findings you will share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jamie,
    Your research topic is fantastic because healthy relationships are so important in order to nurture our students. I bet the home visits that you conduct are very eye opening. I look forward to seeing what other elements you are able to find regarding your topic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jamie, I also believe that it is important for the development bonding for children to learn and grow. When good parental bonds are established it leads to the development promoting more resilient children.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jamie,
    Great topic!!! Nurturing and healthy relationships are very important in childhood. Have you ever encountered a situation where nurturing relationships were not evident? If so, how did you handle it? One of my biggest heartaches are children who do not get the love the need.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the topic you have chosen. Mine is very similar. It is such an important factor in a child's future development. I have seen (as well as you probably have) children who do not have that parental connection and how much they long for it. I found this site you may gain some additional information from:
    https://childcareta.acf.hhs.gov/infant-toddler-resource-guide/relationships-foundation-learning-and-development
    I hope it is beneficial for you.

    ReplyDelete

Time Well Spent

To Dr. Darragh Ernst and colleagues, thank you so much for your support over the last 8 weeks. Thank you for your positive feedback and shar...