Three international organizations or communities of practice that appealed to me are:- Save the Children -- I found drawn to this organization because they truly are focused on the best interest for children and everything they do is centered around children to make sure they are healthy, safe, and have access to high quality education (save the Children, 2020).
- UNICEF- Throughout my time at Walden, I have explored this organization. The organization works in over 190 countries to save children’s lives, protect their rights, and to help them reach their potential from birth through 19 years old.
- International Bureau for Children's Rights (IBCR)- This organization interested me because they work with social workers, defense and security forces, judicial system staff, civil society groups, government agencies, and other organizations to implement child-friendly practices (IBCR, 2021). They are focused promoting children's and that they are able to express their opinions, access education and live free from all forms of violence, exploitation, abuse and negligence (IBCR, 2021).
Job opportunities that interest me include:
- Save the Children -- I found drawn to this organization because they truly are focused on the best interest for children and everything they do is centered around children to make sure they are healthy, safe, and have access to high quality education (save the Children, 2020).
- UNICEF- Throughout my time at Walden, I have explored this organization. The organization works in over 190 countries to save children’s lives, protect their rights, and to help them reach their potential from birth through 19 years old.
- International Bureau for Children's Rights (IBCR)- This organization interested me because they work with social workers, defense and security forces, judicial system staff, civil society groups, government agencies, and other organizations to implement child-friendly practices (IBCR, 2021). They are focused promoting children's and that they are able to express their opinions, access education and live free from all forms of violence, exploitation, abuse and negligence (IBCR, 2021).
- General Service with UNICEFF- This job will allow me to provide administrative and support services across all areas of the organization in both headquarters and field duty stations. I think being first hand in the field would be very rewarding. The skills and experience required include completion of a secondary education and one to four years of relevant professional work experience.
- Early Head Start Teacher in North Carolina with Save the Children Program- The job description includes: The Early Head Start Teacher develops and implements individual and group educational plans for infants and toddlers, designed to promote social-emotional, physical and cognitive growth in a manner appropriate to their stage of development. In each Early Head Start classroom, two Early Head Start Teachers work together to lead child development activities with support from Program Aides and Volunteers.
- Head Start Program Director- I will be responsible for its overall leadership and management. The requirements include Bachelors or better in Early Childhood Education or related field or Bachelors in Human Services or related field.
Reference
International Bureau for Children's Rights (IBCR)
Save the Children. (2020). https://www.savethechildren.org/us/where-we-work
United Nation's Children's Funds. (n.d.) https://www.unicef.org/
- General Service with UNICEFF- This job will allow me to provide administrative and support services across all areas of the organization in both headquarters and field duty stations. I think being first hand in the field would be very rewarding. The skills and experience required include completion of a secondary education and one to four years of relevant professional work experience.
- Early Head Start Teacher in North Carolina with Save the Children Program- The job description includes: The Early Head Start Teacher develops and implements individual and group educational plans for infants and toddlers, designed to promote social-emotional, physical and cognitive growth in a manner appropriate to their stage of development. In each Early Head Start classroom, two Early Head Start Teachers work together to lead child development activities with support from Program Aides and Volunteers.
- Head Start Program Director- I will be responsible for its overall leadership and management. The requirements include Bachelors or better in Early Childhood Education or related field or Bachelors in Human Services or related field.
Hi Jamie,
ReplyDeleteI too have heard of UNICEF not only throughout all of our studies at Walden, but also while in college. It was a requirement for the ECH organization I was a part of to participate in various events that was connected to the program include Trick or Treat for UNICEF and World Child Day. While doing research for my CoP on play I also found out about the LEGO foundation that is supported through UNICEF. But I admit, that was pretty much the only organization I had ever heard of from the list we were given. I also looked into the Save the Children program and was drawn in by one of their tag lines, "we work in the hardest to reach places where it's toughest to be a child". That hit me hard and really made me think about how there are some days where I think I have it bad, but somewhere there is someone who desperately wishes they had my same "problems" because they are so much worse off. This organization truly does everything they possibly can to help children in need and I wish more people did know about it and joined, or even just provided donations to help out. Great overview/post about the different organizations this week. ---Brittany
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteJamie,
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing your post this week. I also looked at UNICEF and save the children. I would really like to work with either of these in order to find more opportunities to work around the country and other countries as well. Great overview!
-Heather