My Family Child Care Home will consist of an environment that reflects diversity, includes all cultures that are represented in my population, and promote strong family-teacher relationships.
I will strive to ensure that every child and family feel welcome and respected by building positive relationships with each child and their family, staying in constant communication, and inviting families to be active members in their children's learning environment. I will communicate in person, by emails, phone calls to reach families in different ways depending on what they prefer and/or the day. At sign-in, I will have an area where the family can write about how their morning went, how did the child sleep and any extra information they would like to share with me (Laureate Education, 2011). In the media segment, Anti-Bias Education in a Family Child Care Home, Adriana mentioned that she also uses it which I think is very helpful in understanding why the child may be having a hard day. I also will incorporate time in my schedule where we can all gather, caregivers included to connect and talk with each other ( Laureate Education, 2011). I really like this idea from Adriana because it is not structured so it is an open, relaxing, opportunity to build stronger relationships and get to know each other.
Reference
Laureate Education, Inc. (2011). Strategies for working with diverse children: Welcome to an anti-bias learning community. Baltimore, MD: Author
Guaranteeing that social mindfulness is advanced in the homeroom begins with the instructor seeing every individual understudy. Set aside the effort to find out about every understudy's social foundation, interests, learning styles, and what makes them novel.
ReplyDelete