As I reflect on what I have learned in this course about children's identities and development, ways in which each is impacted by bias, discomfort, and trauma, and what I have learned about anti-bias work, myself, and others, I have Then created a piece of art that illustrates my key learning's from the Start Seeing Diversity media segment and my blog discussions.
The photo collage I created represents diversity, respect, love for all skin colors, being a voice for the voiceless, and acceptance focusing on ending racism and hate. My picture collage also demonstrates individuals in wheelchairs, individuals of different sizes, and races also known as physical characteristics (Laureate Education).
Reference
Laureate Education (Producer). (n.d.). Start seeing diversity: Physical ability and characteristics [Video file]. Retrieved from https://class.waldenu.edu

Hi Jamie,
ReplyDeleteGreat collage!!! I like how you were able to incorporate what we have covered in this course. As stated in the description of this assignment art can have a completely different meaning for everyone. I think this would have been a fun assignment for children to see what their individual perceptions of themselves and others are. "The key to creativity is to find the kind of art education that will help foster young minds to think in innovative ways" (PBS,2012).
Violanda -
Reference
Lynch, G. H. (2012, March 12). Encouraging Self-Expression Through Art. Retrieved from https://www.pbs.org/parents/thrive/encouraging-self-expression-through-art
Hi Jamie,
ReplyDeleteWhat a powerful quote that first picture in your collage is... be a VOICE and not an echo. HOw true is it that most of us go through life following instead of being a leader? We as educators should especially be aware of how our voices carry onto our children and we should be modeling how to stand up for ourselves, our rights, our diverse friends and cultures. Children live by example, and as educators, we should be the best example they want to follow. Be a voice for EVERY minority, ethnicity, age, disability and never settle for just being "an echo". Great collage :-)
-Brittany