Thursday, April 23, 2020

When I Think of Research...

Why is your simulation important to the field of early childhood?

My simulation is important to the field of early childhood because it is essential that young children have secure attachments with their caregivers. When children have secure attachments, children are able to feel safe, understood, trust others, and are able to control their emotions and self-regulation. 

If you were to conduct your simulation proposal, who would benefit?
My simulation proposal would benefit caregivers, educators, pediatricians by educating and providing benefits as to why it is essential to build a bond in utero and to continue to provide a nurturing relationship as the baby learns and grows. 

What are some of the ways your perceptions of an early childhood professional have been modified as a result of this course?

Being an early childhood professional you wear many different hats, therefore, it is important to educate yourself and read research related to the field to better your personal understanding of various topics, your students, and their families. 



Lastly to my colleagues, thank you for your support over the last eight weeks! Good luck with your next course. We are one more class closer to our Master's Degree!!

4 comments:

  1. Hello Jamie,

    When writing a review for WK8 discussion board I asked the question you answered here; what type of research proposal or simulation would you pose in the early childhood education field? Thank you for your continued interaction and feedback our entire time of class. I wish you continued success with all your future endeavors! ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jamie,
    You are correct children need secure attachments to their caregivers. I believe that plays a huge part in their development. I agree that working in the early childhood field requires you to wear many different hats and its a field where you are always learning. Children change constantly and things affect them differently. I enjoyed reading all of your post and want to wish you good luck in you future classes!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jamie,
    I have enjoyed your weekly discussions as well as your blog posts throughout this course. I love that your simulation proposal reaches so many people in the early childhood field. I agree that it is important to continue to educate yourself while in the early childhood field. We all are learners ourselves.
    -Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Jamie, so glad we have made it to week 8. It has been beneficial to me to read your insight in this class. I to chose my simulation to be about the importance of healthy attachments in the lives of young children. I think we both have an understanding of why this specific topic is so signification. Good luck on you future classes.

    ReplyDelete

Time Well Spent

To Dr. Darragh Ernst and colleagues, thank you so much for your support over the last 8 weeks. Thank you for your positive feedback and shar...