Part 1, Expanding Horizons
The following
websites are foundations whose missions are focused on improving the lives of
young children and their families worldwide:
·
Global
Fund for Children https://globalfundforchildren.org/
·
Save
the Children https://www.savethechildren.org/
Global
Fund for Children has 127 local partners who help children in 35 different
countries (Global Fund for Children, 2020). The foundation counsels, advocates
and builds positive relationships to help their partners be successful and
overcome challenges (Global Fund for Children, 2020). This is a great
foundation that understands the importance of helping children reach their full
potential no matter their circumstances. The foundation has many stories about different topics about the children and the communities they have supported. One article I read was about empowering women and young girls to be independent by providing them with a safe place, support and encouragement. Also, by helping them learn skills and education to overcome the trauma they have experienced (Global Fund for Children, 2020).
Here is the link to the story: https://globalfundforchildren.org/story/empowering-women-caring-for-children/
Here is the link to the story: https://globalfundforchildren.org/story/empowering-women-caring-for-children/
Part 2, Expanding Resources
Here are a few websites that I found very
beneficial and intriguing to me:
The organization, Zero to Three supports the early childhood community and offers many great resources. Here is the link: https://www.zerotothree.org/
I found this website to be the most relevant to the
population I serve and work with and a site that I want to follow weekly to
learn more about. I have used this website before. However, I have not had the
opportunity to take the time to explore the entire site and see all the
resources they have to offer. The organization has information that supports
different topics such as early development and well being, early learning,
parenting and policy & advocacy. So, I look forward to learning more about
this organization and being able to use the resources in my classroom.
I like what Global Fund for Children organization does. They are the only global nonprofit dedicated to finding, funding, and coaching truly local organizations that empower young people worldwide. From child trafficking, girls’ education, they tackle complex challenges with solutions that are essential to the wellbeing of the children and communities they serve. The site zero to three is also beneficial to the children and their family. Children learn to engage better with other children and adults. The preschool environment allows children to acquire vital skills that allow them to listen to others and express their own ideas, make friends, share, cooperate, and become accountable for their actions. Children who receive quality early childhood education are reportedly more confident and curious, which causes them to perform better in grade school. Children learn how to manage challenges and build resilience in times of difficulty; settle easily at school to reap the benefits of education faster; and acquire a long-term interest in learning different things.
ReplyDeletehttps://childventures.ca/blog/2017/04/benefits-early-childhood-education/
Jamie,
ReplyDeleteI also chose the Global Fund for Children. It should be interesting to be able to compare what differences and similarities everyone sees when researching these websites. I can't wait to see what you have to say in this upcoming semester.
-Heather
Hello Jamie, nice to meet you and nice blog post. I enjoyed reading both websites so I summarized both. I agree with you on the global fund for children website having interesting article about things going on in the world. We all seen different things on the website and we all are able to point out what we have seen. I think you did a good job on picking the organization you choose being that that is the age group you work with.
ReplyDeleteJamie,
ReplyDeleteAs always this was a great post. Like you, I found that some of the other sites I have used before as a point of reference. I also selected the Global Fund for Children and Nieer as sites I wanted to know more about.
Violanda
Jamie, I enjoy reading your post Zero to Three is an organization that I am also interested in. I hope one day to make it to there annual conference.
ReplyDelete