Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What do you see?
Early literacy is so important! Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What do you see? is one of my favorites and is on the bookshelf in my classroom! I love this book because there are many concepts that children learn from reading this book. The repetitive language allows children to remember the information and encourages them to read aloud with you. They also learn many other fundamental concepts such as:
- animals noises
- animals
- labeling
- identifying
- colors
- sequence (what is coming next)
Reading should be a fun time for children and this book is a great example of that!
Talk to you soon,
Life of a special educator : )

Hi Jamie. I love this book as well. There are so many lessons that can be taught using this book. This book increases children's reading fluency and language. Children also learn how to read by pictures. Literacy is the most important subject children need to learn.
ReplyDeleteHi Jamie, I see that a number of us like this book. I also chose this book to write about on my blog because this is the first book given to me while teaching in a pre-school setting. This is a book I will keep always inspite the change of technology. I find that a number of educators as a whole like similar things in general.
ReplyDelete